Best Online Slot Games
There’s no such thing as a standard fruit machine anymore especially when it comes to online slot games.
As players, we love that slot games offer the themes, the music, the bonus rounds which are of course, a great substitute to the high pitched ringing and crowded buzz that you find in a land based casino.
If you’ve been to Vegas or even just seen from films, it’s true that 80% of the casino space is taken up by ‘one-armed bandits’ and it’s no different online. You can have great fun on slot machines and there’s some incredible jackpots to be won.
Understanding Online Slots
Before you can start playing Slots, it is important to understand what everything all the fundamentals. Knowing the basics, will help you in both managing your funds, minimising your risk, and enjoying gameplay. Whether your playing multi-slots, or basic 3-5-reel slots, the structure is pretty much the same. So, let us get down to the nitty gritty.
- Demo or Free Play: Some slots offer the option to test the slot game without the risk of losing any of your real funds, the options are given to players as either ‘demo or free play’.
- Balance (Cash & Bonus) — Can be displayed as total balance including amount deposited as well as bonus included if you qualify. Alternatively split in two ‘cash balance’ amount you have deposited or won that’s withdrawable or ‘bonus’, amount of bonus funds earned or rewarded for use. Some online slots will display a bonus balance, however once you decide to play a game, may show as ‘insufficient balance’, this is because they require you to make a qualifying deposit that will enable the bonus to be earned.
- Pop up notification box — Generally displayed below the actual slots or at time above. Any winnings you have will be displayed here each time and then automatically added to your balance.
- Paytable — This is a simple indication table, which clearly displays all the symbols within the reels each time you spin. The symbols will indicate what the payout is each time you draw several matching symbols or the bonus symbols.
- Reels — Individual spinning columns of symbols within the slot machine that expose themselves, upon each spin.
- Bet per line — The amount of money you would like to wager per line, the more available lines, the more money you wager, however the greater the chances of a win and payout. This will generally appears as either a ‘+ or –‘ or at times ‘^ or v’ symbols. Aside from your general bet, you can increase the amount of each bet per line.
- Number of paylines — Similar to the bet per line, however the number of paylines indicates how many lines you want to have active along the reels the more active paylines the higher the chances of a payout.
- Maximum bet — Each bet per line or payline has a max amount you can wager on; this is due to the max amount the slot will payout should you hit the jackpot. Therefore, bet per line multiplied by the number of lines = maximum bet
- Play/Spin — When you’ve configured the amount you’d like to wager per line as well as number of lines you’d like active, the next phase is to play or spin the reels, this is generally indicated using a flashing ‘circular’ symbol or a ‘spin’ button.
Other Gambling Terminology to Know
In online slot games, the house will typically have an edge between 3-12%. Which Casinos features a great range of Slots which all vary from no deposit, free spins, matched bonus, no wagering and much more. For those that want to have the advantage on their side, look out for high rtp games. Always read the Bonus T&C’s.
Most slots use symbols in which you have to get a specific combination in order to win. These symbols are all selected via a random number generator meaning that in theory, a large jackpot could appear more than once in the same day.
The payback percentages of online slots is actually very high even when compared against a real land based casino. We’d always say refer to the casinos T&C’s before you play however, you’ll find most online casino’s payback is 99%.